Our Top 5 - Village Green Amenities
The Aldinga Township is full of great amenities that will make the lifestyle at The Village Green more convenient than ever. Here are our Top 5.
1. EATERIES. Boutique little cafes like The Old Vine Cafe is just a few minutes stroll up Old Coach Road. Famous for it's seasonal, global fare, this is the perfect place to enjoy a casual brunch or romantic dinner for two. Travel a little further towards the water and you'll come across the Breeze Cafe & Bar, famous for it's slow-cooked ribs and crispy potato chips.
2. FOOD SHOPPING. The Aldinga Shopping Centre is a short 5 minute drive from The Village Green, and contains a Coles Supermarket and Foodland, as well as specialty food stores like Thomason's Food Store, Aldinga Country Bakehouse and Aldinga Central Meats. Don't forget the Willunga Farmers Markets every Saturday morning for local, fresh produce.
3. COMMUNITY SERVICES. The Aldinga Library is only a 5 minute drive away and offers all sorts of services including Babytime and Storytime for Preschoolers. There is also a Lego Adventure Club! The Aldinga Recreation Centre hosts a tonne of fun activities the whole family can participate in. There is a fully equipped gym including group fitness classes, plus organised sports such as soccer, badminton, netball and even Kids Zumba!
4. EDUCATION. Aldinga offers a range of schools to choose from. The Aldinga Beach R-7 School is only a 3 minute drive from The Village Green, while the Galilee Catholic School is a short 2 minute drive away. For the littlies, the Aldinga Community Kindergarten is only 5 minutes away. And for adult education, the Noarlunga TAFE is a quick 17 min drive up Main South Rd.
5. THE GREAT OUTDOORS. It's a well known fact that Aldinga is surrounded by some of the world's best beaches. Aldinga Beach, Silver Sands, Moana, Port Willunga, Sellicks Beach, Maslin Beach, Carrickalinga and Normanville are all within a 25 minute drive. If you are feeling a little more active, spend a morning doing the Aldinga to Sellinks Trail. This 15km walk links the natural bushland of the Aldinga Scrub to schools, reserves and playgrounds.